Simplify your XML Comments!
December 24, 2014
GhostDoc is a Visual Studio extension that automatically generates XML documentation comments for methods and properties based on their type, parameters, name, and other contextual information.
When generating documentation for class derived from a base class or for interface implementation (e.g. .NET Framework or your custom framework), GhostDoc will use the documentation that Microsoft or the framework vendor has already written for the base class or interface.
- Save keystrokes and time; simplify documenting your code
- Automatically generate a starting point for your help documentation
- Benefit of the base class documentation
- StyleCop compliant documentation templates
- XML Comment Preview
- (Pro) Code Spell Checker
- (Pro) Build Help File
- (Pro) Take control of your help files with Help Configurations and Template Libraries
If you follow good naming conventions in your code, then you will get very decent results on the summary GhostDoc generates. When I see code that is not documented, it is as simple as hit Ctrl-Shift-D to have GhostDoc document it.
New in version 4.9
- (Ent) Add custom content to the generated API documentation
- GhostDoc Enteprise version with silent deployment and advanced configuration
- (Pro) Help Configurations and 'filtered' help file
- (Pro) Embed images into help file markup
- (Pro) Hyperlinking to base .NET Framework classes
Help Documentation Samples
To see sample help documentation created with GhostDoc Pro and GhostDoc Enterprise, visit this page.
In addition to standard features the free version GhostDoc offers, there is a GhostDoc Pro alternative which provides ultimate documentation configuration flexibility and automation of routine documentation operations.
For complete edition comparison see this page.
Support, Feedback, etc
GhostDoc Discussion Forum
A forum for support and discussion related to GhostDoc
If you think that something could be improved, let us know , we are happy to hear your ideas.