Video - Introduction to GhostDoc
GhostDoc is a Visual Studio extension that automatically generates XML documentation comments for methods and properties based on their type, parameters, name, and other contextual information.
When generating documentation for class derived from a base class or for interface implementation (e.g. .NET Framework or your custom framework), GhostDoc will use the documentation that Microsoft or the framework vendor has already written for the base class or interface.
- Save keystrokes and time; simplify documenting your code
- Benefit of the base class documentation
- Preview XML Comments in the IDE
- (Pro) Code Spell Checker
- (Pro) Build Help File
- (Pro) Take control of your help files with Help Configurations and Template Libraries
If you follow good naming conventions in your code, then you will get very decent results on the summary GhostDoc generates. When I see code that is not documented, it is as simple as hit Ctrl-Shift-D to have GhostDoc document it.
New in version 4.7
- Visual Studio 2013 support
- GhostDoc Enteprise version with silent deployment and advanced configuration
- Abbreviation expansion and Non-breaking Words
- (Pro) Help Configurations and 'filtered' help file
- (Pro) Embed images into help file markup
- (Pro) Hyperlinking to base .NET Framework classes