by Serge Baranovsky
CodeIt.Right is finally finished after about 3 years in the making. That's right, CodeIt.Right is Released! It is out in its all new shiny package :)
I would like to make a pause here and extend my deepest gratitude towards everyone who helped make this release possible. From the SubMain development team, the advisory board members, to everyone who participated in the community and contributed feedback over the year since we released the first public beta.
CodeIt.Right, my 7 years long dream come true. The tool it out! Cheers! (I truly believe that code analysis coupled with automatic refactoring will change the way .NET developer teams and solo developers work!)
With the touchy-feely stuff out of the way, let's get back to the actual product, shall we? :)
If you are new to CodeIt.Right:
This not a road map per se, just highlights of where we are heading with CodeIt.Right over the next months:
- We will keep publishing new rules as they are developed and will push them to you using the Auto-Update feature
- We will publish more tutorials and how tos on using the product and developing your own custom rules using CodeIt.Right SDK
- Create community section over at http://community.submain.com and allow custom developed rules shared with other users
- Version v1.1 is coming in 4-6 weeks - .NET 3.5 syntax, merging profiles, Pivot View improvements, generating team guidelines document template from profile, and of course, more rules!
- Version v2.0 is preliminarily scheduled for summer 2008 and will introduce VSTS integration and manual refactorings (we will merge CodeIt.Once into CodeIt.Right)
So, don't wait, go ahead, download CodeIt.Right - http://submain.com/download/codeit.right - play with it, explore the rules included in the box, get out of the box and try developing your own custom rules, share them, ask questions, tell us what you think!
Technorati Tags: CodeIt.Right, Coding Guidelines, Naming Conventions, Best Practices, .NET, NET