by Serge Baranovsky
New pre-Beta 2 build (1.0.07172) of CodeIt.Right is published - command line version, XML report, exclude attributes, FxCop rule mapping, many bugs fixed - these make it a major update. Give it a try and tell us what you think.
(Note for current Beta users: to see the new rules you will need to switch back to the built-in profile or add them to your custom profile(s))
Changes in build 1.0.07172:
- ADDED: Command line version SubMain.CodeItRight.Cmd.exe - yes, we support Continuous Integration now!
- ADDED: Export to XML
- ADDED: XSL template for XML report
- ADDED: Custom attributes to exclude rules or rule categories from analysis
- ADDED: Rule mapping to FxCop rules and support for existing FxCop/MS Code Analysis SuppressMessage attributes.
- CHANGED: Rule Designer renamed into Profile Editor
- REMOVED: CreationDate from IRule interface
- ADDED: "ReplaceIdentifierPrefix" rule - allows to replace existing prefixes (e.g. replace "m_" or "g_" with "_")
- ADDED: "ReplaceIdentifierSuffix" rule - very similar to the replace prefix rule above
- FIXED: Issue with line # pointing at the beginning of the structure and not at the actual violation line
- FIXED: Problem loading ASP.NET web sites via HTTP
- CHANGED: Add Rule dialog - now includes rule modification date column
- IMPROVED: Undo/Redo perfomance
- other fixes
We will be posting soon brief info on SuppressMessage attribute support and using the command line version.
Download build 1.0.07172 here - http://submain.com/download/codeit.right
For more information on CodeIt.Right, getting started presentation, support and feedback see Beta announce post.
Technorati Tags: CodeIt.Right, Coding Guidelines, Naming Conventions, Best Practices, .NET, NET